Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Some Vanguard funds not updating prices from Yahoo server

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby bvzastrow » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:16 pm

Mark,

Have you heard of this from anyone else? The Yahoo price server seems to have stopped giving prices for certain Vanguard funds, in my case specifically VEIPX, VWINX, VTSAX, VTABX and VBTLX.

Oddly, Yahoo still seems to serve up prices OK for other Vanguard funds like VTIAX, VWNDX, VDIGX, and VAFAX. This has been going on for several weeks. I'll try to email you privately the log file of the price retrieve activity and failure.

Thanks,
Bart
bvzastrow

Postby Mark » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:43 pm

Hi Bart,

I just test retrieved the first one you mentioned VEIPX, and it retrieved properly the price of 41.22 for today. I retrieved from Yahoo using the current quote module 561. Maybe check the properties of these investments under "Investment Properties... / Internet Retrieve".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:45 pm

I just saw your log file. I think the problem is you have a bad symbol of:

which may be corrupting the rest of that request, which includes some valid symbols. Try disabling the retrieve for that symbol.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby bvzastrow » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:16 pm

Thanks a million, Mark, that did the trick. Several portfolios had cash positions with weird numbers for ticker symbols. I disabled price checking for those in each investment's properties, and we're all set. An added benefit of reading your instructions about investment-specific price retrieve instructions is I now even have my TSP funds updating (after fixing the ticker symbols and pointing those specific investments to the TSP server instead of the program default server of Yahoo). Onward and upward!

-Bart
bvzastrow

Return to Prices and Transactions