Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Fidelity Transaction Download Failure

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby peterj » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:27 pm

Hi,

I have been unable to download transactions from Fidelity Investments since early last November. Fund manager is unable to secure a connection to their server and a pop-up identifies a WinInet error code: 12029. Contacted Fidelity today, and was told they had in fact changed the way third party software must connect to their server. Then they advised I contact you and ask you to look into this. I know this has been discussed here before, but not sure the admission of a change from Fidelity was reported. The tone of the person implied that you would be able identify what changed and what need be done to restore connectivity. Please try.

Thank you.

Fund Manager 2018.15.5.100
Quote Module 556
Transaction Module 243

Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit
peterj

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:04 pm

Hi peterj,

The problem is you must have Windows 10 to connect with Fidelity. They require a newer security protocol, not available in Windows 7. For some more background, see this post.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby peterj » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:58 pm

Hi Mark,
I appreciate the quick response. I talked with Fidelity again today, and they were skeptical about IE11 being part of the solution, as they anticipate not support IE in the near future. They also could no assure Win10 is required.

They are willing to talk with you about this issue, but would not give me a specific number to call. Their general tech support number is 800-544-7595, which will ask to verify you are a customer, but if you wait out the automated response and/or press 0, it will ask why you are calling, and replying "technical Support" should get you to the right people.

Might you be able to reach out to them?
peterj

Postby Mark » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:18 pm

Hi peterj,

Have you tried Windows 10 with IE11? That should fix the issue, so you can perform transaction retrieves from Fidelity.

If you are really interested in the details, check out this SSL Server Test of Fidelity's OFX Server. If you scroll down to the "Handshake Simulation" you can see the only IE/Windows combination that functions is "IE 11 / Win 10".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions