Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Fidelity 529 Transaction Retrieve Not Working

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby B2B_Investing » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:27 am

Has anyone had experience using retrieve transactions for a Fidelity 529? The OFX log looks different from a standard retrieve and is not retrieving the transactions.

Thanks,

Jason
B2B_Investing

Postby Mark » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:12 am

Hi Jason,

Are you retrieving from Fidelity NetBenefits? This server is working properly. What is the error message you receive?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby B2B_Investing » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:18 pm

Hi Mark,

No I am using Fidelity Investments. Fidelity NetBenefits fails to login. (I.e. wrong services) For the Fidelity Investment server it continuously loops in retrieving the transactions. The Fidelity 529 product is a managed service and one cannot see the investments which make up the product. The OFX appears to pull balance not transaction information. It may be that this is a no go from the Fidelity side which would be disappointing.

Jason
B2B_Investing

Postby B2B_Investing » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:42 pm

Hi Mark,

I tried it again and it worked. The behavior is different that I expected. It is hard to explain. On the status window for retrieving transactions, this account cycles through account info / transaction / account info /transaction / ... for that one account maybe a dozen times.

This is different behavior for a normal account where it seems to only cycle through this once. I suspect I cancelled the retrieve too soon before suspecting there was something wrong.

In the end it seems to be working.

Jason
B2B_Investing

Return to Prices and Transactions