Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Retrieve Transactions From Date

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby hipped1 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:48 am

I've noticed that when I go to retrieve transactions that the from date appears to be set to 12/5/20, perhaps the date I updated the software?

In the past, I believe the from date would reflect the last date transactions were successfully received for the portfolio and thus with each daily update that date would change.

I'd prefer the from date to be accurate. Is there a setting that would resolve this issue or do I need to manually adjust the from date each time I download transactions.

Thank you
Mark
hipped1

Postby Mark » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:45 am

Hi Mark,

Each sub-portfolio remembers the date you last did a transaction retrieve from that sub-portfolio. This date is used to initialize the "From" date the next time you do a transaction retrieve. This date is stored as part of your *.mm4 portfolio file, so make sure you are either saving, or have "Options / Save Portfolio on Exit" turned on. Also, make sure you are retrieving from the same sub-portfolio, so that the date is remembered/recalled the way you want.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby hipped1 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:40 pm

Thanks for the response but for some reason the date isn't updating.

I've tested with my master portfolio which is how I normally retrieve all of my accounts. I use a from date as yesterday through a to date of today. The retrieval takes place successfully. If I immediately retrieve transactions again for the master portfolio, the from date is 12-5-20.

I tested with a sub portfolio using the same methodology as above. As I don't retrieve transactions at this level, the from data initially is 12/24/19. I update to 12/10/20 and run the retrieval process. Once the process competes I initiate a download again on the sub portfolio and the from date is populated as 12/24/19.

In both cases, it appears the date is not being updated in my file for some reason. Any other ideas?

Thanks
Mark
hipped1

Postby Mark » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:00 pm

Hi Mark,

I see the same problem. It appears to be a bug... Let me investigate, and I'll post back here when I know more.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:26 pm

Hi Mark,

Yes, that is a bug. We'll have to release an update to fix this. It happens when the sub-portfolio you're retrieving is a higher level sub-portfolio not actually set to retrieve. In this case the last retrieve date isn't properly being saved, and thus recalled for future retrieves. I expect we'll release an update very soon for this. Thanks for pointing out this problem.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:20 am

Hi Mark,

Version 2020.16.6 is now available, and fixes this bug.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions