Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Controlling Price Updates when Retrieving Transactions

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby dlevy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:47 am

I have always relied on Retrieving Transactions to update prices. When the Schwab OFX feed was temporarily unavailable, I got prices from other sources and have learned to like these better.

Is it possible to Retrieve Transactions without updating prices?

Even better, is it possible to set properties for individual investments to allow or disallow price updates through Retrieve Transactions?

[Aside: The reason this interests me is that Schwab prices TIPs to include the inflation factor; Finra has only the price without the factor. I would like to get TIP prices from Schwab and all other bonds from Finra. And all other securities from Yahoo.]

With thanks,

David
dlevy

Postby dlevy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:25 pm

Ah, I've found the Retrieve Transactions/Advanced Options that toggles update closing prices with an option of price or market value/shares. I remember that now. So my question is whether it would be possible to retrieve prices for selected investments only, perhaps specified with a new option in the Investment Properties/Internet Retrieve tab.
dlevy

Postby Mark » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:22 pm

Hi dlevy,

See the option:

Investment Properties... / Internet Retrieve / Update price when retrieving transactions

You can turn that off for any investments that you don't want to update with the price from the broker when you retrieve transactions.

You can do a price retrieve for only selected investments. Select them in the Portfolio Editor, right mouse click, and choose "Retrieve Selected Prices".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby dlevy » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:10 pm

Perfect, Mark. Much thanks! David
dlevy

Return to Prices and Transactions