Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

PFE Spinoff

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby SunilB » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:53 am

In Fund Manager it treated the Upjohn spinoff as a 1054:1000 share consolidation instead of giving me 0.124079 shares of VTRS. Is that how FM deals with such spinoffs? So I need to sell off the new shares of PFE it added and calculate and buy the appropriate number of VTRS shares?
SunilB

Postby Mark » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:57 am

Hi SunilB,

There is a spin-off wizard you can use, instead of retrieving from your broker. If you retrieve from your broker, FM will record it however it was reported by them, but often it isn't as accurate as if you use the spin-off wizard to enter the details. To do this, delete whatever the broker recorded (split transaction?) and then right mouse click on the parent investment of the spin-off and choose "Investment Data / Spin-Off", and then enter all the details.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby SunilB » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:13 am

Thanks, Mark. If I delete it and enter it using the wizard, if I retrieve historical prices, will it post the split again?
SunilB

Postby Mark » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:50 am

Hi SunilB,

Yes, if you retrieve prices from Yahoo (Historical) and turn on the option to retrieve splits, it will retrieve it again. Either don't retrieve this date range, or turn off the option to retrieve splits.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions