Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

T-Bill maturity Transactions retrieved from Fidelity

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby jpa » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:31 am

Last week I had a Treasury Bill mature at Fidelity and the transaction quantity imported was the full face value instead of the par value (e.g., 1/100th) that I had in my Fund Manager quantity. For example if the face value was $100,000, I have the quantity at 1,000. The fidelity transaction came in as 100,000 and had to be manually adjusted. The pricing during "Retrieve Transactions" is correct. However the pricing for the imported "Redemption" was 1 (it should be 100). This also happened in the past. Is there any way to fix this?

Also, FundManager doesn't seem to recognize a "stock split" and just shows as a "Transfer In." Not sure if there is a way to fix that also.
jpa

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:34 am

Hi jpa,

Bond:
It depends on how it was reported by Fidelity. Can you retrieve transactions for just this account, covering the date for this transaction, and then send us the ofxretr.txt and xmldump.txt log files? We can take a look.

Split:
You can delete the Transfer In, and record a Stock Split transaction instead. These usually require manual editing, as the broker simply records the addition of new shares, and not an actual split transaction.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:55 am

Hi jpa,

Thanks for sending the log files.

Bond:
Unfortunately, Fidelity is coding the sell of the T-Bill with SELLOTHER instead of SELLDEBT, which would trigger the adjustment of the share balance as desired in this case.

Split:
Unfortunately, Fidelity is coding the split as a TRANSFER instead of a SPLIT. The SPLIT is an OFX transaction that allows a proper split ratio to be recorded, but the TRANSFER only tells you that you received X number of new shares.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions