Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Transaction retrieval problem at Schwab

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby bloveless » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:15 am

Hi Mark, I had problems this morning retrieving transactions from Schwab (error message); logged in and it required an update on user ID. Made the change - went back to FM and updated the settings. Still gets error message. Possibly Schwab has changed the login URL?? No problems with Fidelity. Didn't realize how handy this feature is until today!! Thanks, Bill
Bill
bloveless

Postby Mark » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:02 am

Hi Bill,

I see the same issue here. It seems Schwab is blocking access. I'm guessing they are doing this based on IP address. It is still working from Quicken, but not for Fund Manager. It is also not working for a 3rd party verification site, as you can see at the bottom of the Schwab's verification history. Hopefully they correct or change back whatever they've changed. If not, you might want to call and complain to Schwab. Hopefully this is something temporary that will be resolved on their end.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby bloveless » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:38 am

Thanks Mark, I will call Schwab Monday if it still doesn't work.
Bill
bloveless

Postby dlevy » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:11 am

I am having the same problem. I called Schwab and they opened a ticket, but didn't give me any way to check the status. Do have have suggestions for the right area to contact at Schwab?
dlevy

Postby Mark » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:08 am

Hi dlevy,

Sorry, I don't have a suggestion on who to contact. It might take a while for it to reach the correct person at Schwab that understands the issue. Thanks for contacting them.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby bloveless » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:57 am

Hi Dlevy,

Ask for Schwab's technology department; that's what I will do Monday.
Bill
bloveless

Postby Good_Vibe » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:38 pm

So thankful for Fund Manager's web site. I'm having the same problem. Worked a few days ago; I've changed NOTHING on my, so it definitely looks like Schwab is the source of the problem.
Good_Vibe

Postby theobaldr » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:55 am

Same issue with Schwab. Six different accounts. Checked Schwab site and accounts have OFX enabled.
theobaldr

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:19 am

Yes, the issue persists with Schwab. It is unchanged over the last few days, where their server is returning Access Denied:

http://www.ofxhome.com/index.php/instit ... istory/979

Unfortunately, this is something that Schwab will need to fix. If you can, please call Schwab and ask them to investigate. Hopefully if their customers request this to be addressed, they will. If they need someone to talk to about this, please provide them my name/number (Mark / 480-705-0129).
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby theobaldr » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:09 am

I called Schwab, technical support (800-433-9196). Asked to open a ticket with respect to OFX failure. Agreed, but stated FM was not on their supported list. I stated I have used it for the past 6+ years. Read the OFX log showing failure. Asked if I did any Windows 10 upgrades??
Ray
theobaldr

Postby bloveless » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:48 am

Mark, I'm on the phone with Schwab now; have given your phone number. Will get back with you.
Bill
bloveless

Postby dlevy » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:55 am

I talked with Schwab Technical support as well this morning at 800-433-9196 and spoke with someone who was very aware of the issue. Fund Manager, Quicken, and other packages are having the issue.

He said that Schwab implemented a change to its protocol Friday to eliminate "scraping" which allowed the OFX client access to name, address, and other information in addition to transactions and positions.

They have implemented a new API which they call their "Secure Outbound Data Aggregation Protocol."

Fund Manager will have to contact Schwab (the rep I spoke to did not know precisely who) to enroll in the program and to make some API changes on their end.

Mark, please let us know if this helps.

Best,

David
dlevy

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:58 am

Thanks everyone for the help. It appears Schwab has discontinued OFX support, and have made available a new interface they call FDX. We have been given direction on how to proceed, so we will investigate. For now, the Schwab transaction retrieve server will not work. Hopefully we can implement their new interface soon. I'll post back here as I know more.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby bloveless » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:10 am

Mark, Right now, as of the 16th, there are only 3 entities approved for OFX downloading, and FM is not one of them. I gave your name and number to them and hopefully someone at Schwab will get in touch with you. If they don't, you should call Schwab and ask to speak with someone concerning OFX approval for your company. The two that I spoke to did not know who that would be. I will also try from the institutional side to see if I can find someone. It is a real pain to manual put in transactions!! Bill
Bill
bloveless

Postby bloveless » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:35 am

Thanks for the FDX message, hopefully that will work; the only thing I could get was as email address for their integration solutions; which you apparently don't need now. Good luck!! Bill
Bill
bloveless

Next

Return to Prices and Transactions