Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Transaction retrieval problem at Schwab

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Mark » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:32 pm

Hi Rodney,

I'm not sure what the problem is, and can't reproduce it here. Why don't you give us a call and we'll see if we can't figure it out.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby newwood » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:04 pm

I'm getting the same 12029 error message from Fido (with quote ver 557 and trans ver 241). But at least Schwab is now working!

Is there a fix for Fido?
Jack
newwood

Postby Mark » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:15 pm

Hi Jack,

There seems to be something specific to some people's computers causing an issue with Fidelity. Can you try starting Internet Explorer, and resetting the options under "Internet Options... / Advanced"?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby newwood » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:29 pm

Mark
So I tried that: no joy. I don't use IE as my default browser, but I brought it up and made that change and closed down other browser. Any other ideas (Fido never caused any problems in the past, so this is a mysteriously new problem).

Jack
newwood

Postby Mark » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:36 am

Hi Jack,

I am not sure. For some reason there are a handful of users with this problem, but we can't reproduce it here, and haven't figured out the problem yet. I suspect it is some setting in Windows, but I'm not sure. Fund Manager and IE both use the same WININET module in Windows to handle the HTTPS communications, so if something in that is broken it affects both IE and FM.

0) Are you sure you don't have any anti-virus or firewall program blocking access?
1) What version of Windows are you using?
2) What version of FM and transaction module are you using?
3) If you use IE to go here:

https://ofx.fidelity.com/ftgw/OFX/clients/download

It should reply with an HTTP 400 Bad Request if it is working. If you can't connect you'll get a different error message. You can try it with both IE and another browser to compare.
4) Do you have another PC you could test it from?
5) It might be worth trying to uninstall and re-install Internet Explorer 11. This might fix whatever setting is wrong.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:48 am

I've created a new thread for this Fidelity Investments issue, as this thread was initially about Schwab. The new thread is here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5527

Please post there with any questions/issues with using Fidelity.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby tommydom » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:55 am

Today I noticed that I am missing a few SELL transactions in my retrieve for one position at Schwab. This is a position I have had over a year, and there is regular income being recorded in Fund Manager. I usually do an overlap of dates when I pull the transactions, and don't see them there (as I see on both Schwab and Quicken) even when I tried going back to a retrieve start date of 9/27/2020 (before the Schwab cutoff) to look for transactions not already recorded, and nothing comes up. I also unchecked that retrieve option and pulled again to see if there was something that happened when recording the original processing, but the missing transactions are still missing.

The logs (both parsed and raw) do not indicate any issues and only report a SELL transaction on 11/19/2020, and don't include the missing sell transactions. These missing transactions should have been recorded on 11/13/2020, 11/17/2020, and 11/20/2020.

I have also checked to see if there was anything wrong on the security properties, but nothing is coming up that I can see - CUSIP has been the same since 2019.

I'm going to go through my portfolios to see if there was anything else missing (I only do this once a quarter to make sure things are lined up across Fund Manager, Schwab, and Quicken).
tommydom

Postby Mark » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:09 am

Hi tommydom,

When you did your retrieve, did you request a date range covering these transactions in question? As a test, you can also temporarily un-check the option "Skip transactions already in FM" to just see everything that is being returned. If they aren't showing up there or in the log, then they aren't coming down from Schwab's OFX server for some reason.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby tommydom » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:37 am

Mark,

That's exactly what I did first when I noticed them missing. I normally overlap the transaction retrieve by a few weeks as Schwab will post transactions that are pre-dated to the record date, i.e. Broker/dealer transaction downloaded/recorded on 11/24 for 11/22 when it actually took place. So, they are not coming from Schwab either with the checkbox on or off.

I have not had a chance to dive deep into this, but will get some time today and get back with anything else I might turn up. I have a number of accounts and many positions, so it will take me some time to make sure 1) I didn't mess anything up, and 2) get things recorded properly if they aren't there. I will let you know what I find.

Tommy.

Mark wrote:Hi tommydom,

When you did your retrieve, did you request a date range covering these transactions in question? As a test, you can also temporarily un-check the option "Skip transactions already in FM" to just see everything that is being returned. If they aren't showing up there or in the log, then they aren't coming down from Schwab's OFX server for some reason.
tommydom

Postby modelerMike » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:19 pm

The past 2 days when trying to update FM's Fidelity portfolios using
'Retrieve Transactions' , I have been getting the 12029 error.

'Retrieve Transactions' on Fidelity accts, 2 months ago, worked fine.

Note that I had no problems doing 'Retrieve Transactions'
on another broker's accounts yesterday.

After reading all the relevant comments in this post,
I systematically disabled various firewall , anti-virus and anti-spam to see
if that would allow 'Retrieve Transactions' to work.
I updated the 'transactions module to the latest.

I also temporarily disabled 2-factor authentication
because that prevents Fund Manager 'Retrieve Transactions' processing too.

Still can't get past the 12029 error !
Any suggestions appreciated.
modelerMike

Postby Mark » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:25 pm

Hi modelerMike,

Are you having trouble with Schwab or Fidelity with this error? This thread is about Schwab. There is another thread about the 12029 problem some people were have with Fidelity here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5527

Please read that, and see if it doesn't help.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby reddragon » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:19 am

Hello Fund Manager, I still can not retrieve Data From Schwab. Is there any clearity to what the problem is?
reddragon

Postby Mark » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:48 am

Hi reddragon,

The transaction retrieve with Schwab has been fixed for some time now. It is currently working properly. Make sure you have the latest transaction retrieve module (242) by choosing "Help / FM on the Web / Check for Updates..." from within either FM 2018 or FM 2020.

If you still have troubles, please let me know what version you're using, along with what happens when you retrieve.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby theobaldr » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:10 am

It appears to be back or I have a different issue. Using: 202016.6.100 quote 559 and Transaction 242. Everything worked on Friday. I did note Schwab was performing system Maint Sat night (notice pop up).
theobaldr

Postby Mark » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:27 am

Hi theobaldr,

I just checked Schwab from here, and it appears to be working properly. If you're still having this issue, please email us the 2 transaction retrieve log files from "Help / Logs" right after you retrieve only this one problematic account.

Also, your last post with pictures included an account number. For security purposes, you might want to delete that post. If you need help with this, please let me know.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Prices and Transactions