Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Vanguard Server Error

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby okie999 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:29 pm

For the past few weeks, whenever I try to download my transactions from Vanguard I get a "Vanguard server encountered an error" - "Failed to retrieve portfolio" message. The quote module for the Fund Manager version that I am using is no longer supported. Before I upgrade, I just wanted to make sure that an upgrade would actually fix the issue, and that it is not a problem on the Vanguard side. Is there any way to know if the problem will be fixed by an upgrade, or if there is a problem with Vanguard?
okie999

Postby Mark » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:55 am

Hi okie999,

I can't say for sure, but Vanguard is working okay from here. You might just install the new version, and test it out. Make a backup of your data first, in case you decide not to upgrade. Please let me know if you still have troubles when using the current version. Also, after downloading the new version, make sure to use "Help / FM on the Web / Check for Updates..." to get the latest transaction module.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby okie999 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:39 pm

Thank you, as always, for your prompt support - even for those of us that don't use the latest versions. I downloaded 2020 and updated the quote module, and it looks like things are as good as new. Thank you for the help. I'll have to figure out all the new features that have come out from my version now.
okie999

Return to Prices and Transactions