Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Internet Retrieve Issues

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby hipped1 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:32 am

I have some options which I do not want to retrieve prices on any longer since it slows down the update process. I went to the investment property for each option yesterday and clicked off the retrieve price for the investment and that made the update process much faster.

I noticed today that all of these investments have somehow been reset and are included in the price update process. I went to each option and confirmed that the retrieve price box is now checked.

Any idea what is causing this to reset and how do I turn off price retrieval on these options permanently.

Thanks
Mark
hipped1

Postby Mark » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:42 am

Hi Mark,

Did you maybe use the "File / File Operations / Hide Sold Investments..." command after doing this? That command can turn back on the price retrieve option for non-sold investments. There is an option to control this, but it is on by default.

The other possibility is maybe you didn't save your investments yesterday after making these changes?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby hipped1 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:48 am

Yes I used the hide sold investments this morning.
hipped1

Postby Mark » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:57 am

Notice the option in that dialog:

Turn On Price Retrieve for Non-Sold Investments

That means if some investment is considered "non-sold" it will have that price retrieve option turned on. Non-sold means that you owned any number of shares during the date range you enter in that dialog. So, you probably want to turn this option off to prevent turning back on price retrieve for your options if you still own them.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby hipped1 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:59 am

Thank you!
hipped1

Return to Prices and Transactions