Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Problem with Vanguard Transactions

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Tnblade » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:51 pm

I have always been able to get my Vanguard Transactions to download but now I am getting a log on error in Fund Manager. It has logged me out of my VG account three times and I have had to have my password reset each time. I have changed the log on setting each time in FM after I changed my password. My other portfolios are downing fine. It is just VG.

Any advise on what the problem may be.
Tnblade

Postby Mark » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:57 pm

Hi Tnblade,

Are you using only letters and numbers in your password?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Tnblade » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:48 am

My password is letters and numbers.

I was able to download each fund separately, however, previously it did that automatically for me. But I'm still getting locked out when I try download all of the funds at VG simultaneously.
Tnblade

Postby Mark » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:00 am

Hi Tnblade,

What do you mean by downloading each fund separately? The transaction retrieve works on an account (sub-portfolio) basis. You assign the transaction retrieve settings for a sub-portfolio, and everything under that account number is retrieved. You can't assign only an individual investment to retrieve, unless it is by itself in a sub-portfolio.

Maybe you have some sub-portfolio still set to retrieve that is using the old/wrong password? This could be the one failing, and causing your account to get locked out by Vanguard. Please check the transaction retrieve properties of all your sub-portfolios.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions