Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Portfolio Wizard creates unwanted Vanguard cash account

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby markrtuttle » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:11 am

I've downloaded the trial version of Fund Manager, and I've run the Portfolio Wizard to create a portfolio for an account with Vanguard Group and to Retrieve Transactions and Positions.

The wizard did everything correctly, but is also created a Cash account with a value equal to my investments in the account, even though I selected "(none)" for the cash account in the wizard.

This now makes my portfolio values twice what it really is (the sum of the investment account and the unwanted cash account).

How do I correct this? Should I delete the cash account somehow? Should I delete and reconstruct the portfolio somehow?

Thanks,
Mark
markrtuttle

Postby Mark » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:17 am

Hi Mark,

If you look at the properties of the sub-portfolio, do you have an assigned default cash account?

Would everything be correct, if you just closed this cash investment? If so, you can just close it. To do so, use the Portfolio Editor, select the investment, and hit "Delete" on your keyboard.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby markrtuttle » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:43 am

Deleting the Cash account did the job. To answer your questions...

If I go to the portolio editor, right click on the Vanguard portfolio that I created, select properties, and look under "Default cache account", the selected value is "(none)". If I click on the drop-down list, it gives the me options of "(none)", and "Cash", and "Vanguard XYZ".

In the portfolio editor, if I select "Cash" in the right hand panel and hit "Delete" as you recommended, the "Cash" account goes away leaving just "Vanguard XYZ", and the balance is correct.

I have to say that the volume of activity in this forum, and the speed and quailty of your answers to questions here, are two of the primary reasons I like Fund Manager more than other software tools. Thanks.
markrtuttle

Postby Mark » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:39 pm

Hi Mark,

Glad it sounds like you have it fixed. Thanks for the compliment on the forum support.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions