Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Control price retrieval per sub-portfolio

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby pauyo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:43 pm

Hi,

Is it possible today to enable/disable investment price retrieval setting on portfolio level somehow?

It would be helpful for me to be able to, e g from (sub-)portfolio properties, to select if investment within that portfolio should have the internet price retrieve enabled or not. As of now I have to go to the properties of each investment within a specific portfolio and alter the check box manually, for potentially dozens of investments, to toggle the setting.

Regards,
Paul
pauyo

Postby Mark » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:05 pm

Hi Paul,

Sorry, no, this isn't a feature. You _could_ use "File / File Operations / Hide Sold Investments..." to accomplish this. That feature can also turn off/on price retrieve, so you could run it twice, once with a very narrow date range for some date where you owned nothing, so that everything can be hidden and the price retrieve turned off for all investments. You could run it a second time for today's date, to un-hide everything owned as of today, and leave off the option to turn ON price retrieve for non-sold investments. It is a bit tricky, but it can be done.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby pauyo » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:33 am

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the work-around you suggested. I will try it out.

Regards,
Paul
pauyo

Return to Prices and Transactions