Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

ETrade Futures Account Retrieval Failure

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby drdegroff » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:49 am

Hello,

I currently have a taxable account, Roth, and a futures account with ETrade. Using Fund Manager, I am able to successfully retrieve both the taxable and Roth transactions. However, I am not able to retrieve the futures account transactions. For the futures sub portfolio, I did enter the specific futures account number, but upon retrieval I get a Fund Manager error that my futures account number "is not available for the specified User ID and password." I am then able to select the other two accounts. At ETrade, the futures account cash transactions/settlements are linked to the taxable account. When I retrieve on the taxable account, I do not get any specific futures transactions related to the various futures products but only the daily cash settlements (mark-to-market cash settlements).

Do you know if this might be an ETrade issue in which they may not expose the specific futures transactions for the API?

I realize Fund Manager may not be setup for futures products, but I was hoping to treat them like stock options. I could do all this manually, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks,
Doug
drdegroff

Postby Mark » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:42 pm

Hi Doug,

It does sound like maybe they aren't exposing this account to the OFX interface, since the account number isn't listed under your username. You could double check the log files after retrieving your other 2 accounts, just to make sure you don't see any sign of these holdings. To do so, retrieve just one account, and then look under "Help / Logs / Transaction Retrieve (Parsed)...". That log file is overwritten for each account, so you need to look at it after retrieving the account in question.

You might also call up ETrade and ask them if your account is available to retrieve with Quicken. Both Quicken and Fund Manager use the same OFX interface.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby drdegroff » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:10 am

Mark-

I checked the log file and no appearance of futures data. I have an inquiry out to ETrade.

I'll reply back when I hear something.

Thank you for the quick response,
Doug
drdegroff

Postby Arrow » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:55 am

drdegroff wrote:I realize Fund Manager may not be setup for futures products, but I was hoping to treat them like stock options. I could do all this manually, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks,
Doug

Hello Doug,
I'm in the same boat as you about futures.
How do you think to register futures treating them as stock options?

There is also the problem that initial margins are calculated either on percentages
or as fixed amounts, that though can vary according
to volatility and changed by the boker sometimes even daily.
Thanks in advance for your answer.
Arrow
Arrow

Return to Prices and Transactions