Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Problem reconciling E*trade portfolio

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby hipped1 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:56 am

I have two portfolios with E*trade. I have previously been able to reconcile both portfolios without issues. Recently, I receive an error on one of the portfolios, failed to retrieve portfolio while the other portfolio completes the process normally. Its not a login issue as I retrieve transactions for both portfolio on a daily basis and that works fine for both.

The portfolio in question has more security positions so perhaps the process is timing out and not completing the download of the portfolio in the required timeframe.

Is there an error log I should check for more detailed information?

Thanks!
hipped1

Postby Mark » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:06 pm

Hi hipped1,

Yes, look at "Help / Logs / Transaction Retrieve". Look at the raw one first, in case there is some error preventing the parsed one from being created.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby hipped1 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:09 pm

The raw file indicates a Server error, the server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request. Please try again in 30 seconds.
hipped1

Postby Mark » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:32 pm

Sounds like you need to wait, and try again...
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby hipped1 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:59 am

The fact that I can reconcile one portfolio at E*trade without problem and the other portfolio doesn't work doesn't give me confidence that waiting will solve the problem.

Here is a specific question, portfolio 1 at Etrade takes about 20 seconds to complete the reconcile process. It consistently runs without difficulties or error messages. I run portfolio 1 without difficulty and immediate run the process for portfolio 2 and have the error. Portfolio 2 has more positions than portfolio 1 and appears to time out at 30 seconds, perhaps it hasn't completed the process in that time window. Is this a time out limit set by the fund manager program or externally with E*trade?

Thanks
Mark
hipped1

Postby Mark » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:08 am

Hi hipped1,

Since the server is saying it encountered an error, a timeout seems unlikely. If the problem doesn't correct itself within a couple of days, you might need to ask E*trade for help. You can provide them the log file.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions