Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Troubleshooting illegal specified input

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby mcrews » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:27 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to bulk upload transaction history from TradePMR and have run into issues with the generic import. I know it's me but can't seem to solve it even when paring down a sample transaction.

Import source is a csv file.

Input Format:
ACCT,MM/DD/YYYY,TRAN,BNUM,SYMB,CNUM,ANUM

Spreadsheet:
12345,12/06/2018,DIST_D,107,SO,0,64.2

In the actual csv file I have XX in several columns and MEMO. Hopefully whatever is wrong can be caught in this simplified version. Also ... I'm not sure how to verify that it's actually comma delimited.

Thank you,

Matthew
mcrews

Postby Mark » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:36 pm

Hi Matthew,

I see a couple of issues:

1) The key for year is YY, not YYYY. The YY key matches a 4 digit year.

2) For a DIST_D field, you are only using the ANUM field, and you have 107 in BNUM. It won't hurt anything, but that won't be used. If your intention here is a $64.2 dividend, then use:

ACCT,MM/DD/YY,TRAN,BNUM,SYMB,CNUM,ANUM

To verify that your file looks as intended, open up the CSV file in a text editor, like Notepad. Viewing it in Excel can often be misleading, as it doesn't show the delimiters, and other fields sometimes, like double quotes.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby mcrews » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:46 pm

Mark,

Thank you ... I was able to get it to upload by changing format to ED however I'll make that adjustment.

Now that it's reading the file ... I'm getting the ACCT as a new portfolio. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this issue. I verified the account number in the sub portfolio and it is the same as far as I can tell.

I've tried different starting points for import destination but nothing changes the outcome. It gives me some characters with an upside down question market then the account number.

I can't seem to copy and paste to show the issue.

Thank you again for all your help.

Matthew
mcrews

Postby mcrews » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:30 pm

Disregard ... I used the utf8 version and that was the problem. Switched to the standard csv file and worked perfect.

Thank you again.

Matthew
mcrews

Return to Prices and Transactions