Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Retrieved price going to current and yesterdays date.

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby CGB » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:40 pm

Hi Mark,
Lately retrieved Yahoo prices after the market close are sometimes updating the current date and yesterdays date, overwriting the price from the day before. I need to correct this buy doing an historical retrieve. Is this a bug?
Thanks
CGB
(FM15.5)
CGB

Postby Mark » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:20 pm

Hi CGB,

The price is updated for the date specified by Yahoo. To be certain you only update a certain date, you could use the Yahoo (Historical) server, and specify to retrieve only the desired date.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby CGB » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:39 pm

Thanks, but not sure what you mean by date provided by Yahoo? In the past, price retrieve through Yahoo has always updated the current date, not two dates. I checked the top line in Yahoo historical on the website and it shows the current date. Is this a new thing? Is there a better quote server to use now? Historical update does not seem to update the current date, and when I use it to correct the change made to the previous date's correct price, it takes a very long time.
CGB
CGB

Postby Mark » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:10 pm

Hi CGB,

If you use the "Yahoo" quote server, that gets the most recent price quoted by Yahoo. Yahoo provides both the price and the date of that price. FM updates your investment for that date specified by Yahoo, with the price specified by Yahoo. Usually it is the current date, but if Yahoo's quote is behind for any reason, it may be for an earlier date. When using this server you aren't prompted for a date range to update, it always just updates with the most current quote from Yahoo for the date Yahoo specifies.

If you use the "Yahoo (Historical)" server this gets prices from the historical data section of Yahoo, and FM will only update prices within the date range you specify. When using this server you are prompted for a date range.

If you are still having troubles, please provide me with an example symbol that isn't updating as expected.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions