Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Transaction issues with Ameritrade

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby rwingjr » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:50 pm

I've been having issues downloading transactions with Ameritrade recently. When I try downloading them, it acts like it's signing in, but then returns with an error message "System Error Code 2" "Message: The system cannot find the file specified." I started noticing the problem last week, and a few times I would try again a few hours later and it would work. Another time, I just changed the dates to download and it worked. Today, nothing seems to be letting it work. Is this possibly on the Ameritrade end or is a problem with using the 2016 version of FM?
rwingjr

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:17 pm

Hi rwingjr,

It is probably an issue on your PC, and not with Ameritrade. It sounds like something with the internet settings/connection may not be working properly. Try opening up Internet Explorer, and seeing if you can browse to:

https://ofxs.ameritrade.com/cgi-bin/apps/OFX

You should see some sort of error message, with a number like 400, but it should at least connect. If this works okay, go back to FM, and try retrieving again. If it doesn't work from within IE, you might need to try resetting all your settings in IE under "Settings / Internet Options / Advanced".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby rwingjr » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:19 am

Thanks for the reply Mark. It worked perfect tonight. I haven't changed anything. It's apparently an issue with Ameritrade or my Internet service provider, which wouldn't surprise me. I contacted you to verify it wasn't an issue with my FM. Thanks again.
rwingjr

Postby sgurd4oilop » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:44 am

I have had trouble with downloading transactions from TD Ameritrade. My last successful download was on 2/4. Ever since that date, I have been getting the following error code:

PostHTTPSendRequest
WinInet error code: 12029
Message: A connection with the server could not be established.

It is not the OFX connection. I have another program for banking that downloads all of my transactions for the past 12 months from Ameritrade when I set up the account fresh to download the data.

I have deleted the Transaction Retrieve Settings, disabled Transaction Retrieve, Saved, Closed, Re-opened FM, all to no avail. I have tried using an older version of the transaction module and still get the same error code. I am fairly certain this pins it on an issue with Ameritrade and some certificate somewhere on their end did not survive the merger activities with Schwab.

Can someone confirm that they are able to download transactions from Ameritrade? Perhaps that may begin to shed some light on the issue.
sgurd4oilop

Postby Mark » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:59 am

Hi sgurd4oilop,

Yes, TD Ameritrade is working okay from here. I tested it just now. The 12029 error often happens when something is blocking FM's access to the internet, like a firewall or antivirus program. Are you able to retrieve prices, or retrieve from a different broker?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby sgurd4oilop » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:05 am

yes. From multiple brokerages. My price retrievals also work and although I get most from yahoo, I do have some of the other price services that get used. All work fine.

Thanks for letting me know that you are able to download transactions from Ameritrade. I'll keep turning things off, reinstalling if I have to go that far, to see if I can isolate the problem.
sgurd4oilop

Return to Prices and Transactions