Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Initial price per share

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Andres » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:02 pm

Hi Mark!
I'm as new trying the software, as I'm in the stock market. So, I miss what I'm sure are pretty silly things, and my question is a dummy one, but I hope you can give a hand:

I simply can't find the column of -or the right nomenclature for- recording the initial price per share -the one of the market at the value I bought, without considering taxes or comissions paid. Can you tell what column reflects that in the editor? I've already gone through the tutorial, but I'm still confused.

By the way, is there any other glosary about the program parameters, more detailed than the ones in the tutorial?

Thanks a lot!
Andres

Postby Mark » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:31 pm

Hi Andres,

Feel free to ask any question you may have, I'm sure others will benefit too.

You can look at either the price per share for each individual transaction, or you can also get a combined price per share if you've had multiple transactions. To look at the price for any particular transaction open up the Data Register, and set the "Data Type" to "Investments (all)". This lists all of your transactions, and the price of each one.

If you'd like to see an overall combined cost per share, you can do this in the Portfolio Editor or in the reports. Open up the Portfolio Editor with "View / Portfolio Editor", and then add the column "OOP Current Basis /S" by selecting "View / List Columns..." and placing a check mark next to this field.

Besides the tutorials, there is the program documentation. You can either view this on our website, or from within the program by choosing "Help / Contents...". You can search or look in the index of the online help for any terms you have questions on. You can also search the internet for help on various terms. The online help isn't really intended to teach investing terms, it is more for instructions on using the program.

Did you see all of the tutorials? A list of all available tutorials is shown here:

http://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/tutorial_list.html
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions