Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Calculating List Data

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby divinest » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:40 am

Hi Mark, I started noticing when i select sub portfolio i see the pop up Calculating List Data and takes few seconds. I have not noticed this before. I did check and do not have any reports or graphs open in the background. Any reason why would there be a slow response when switching portfolio. Have included a screen shot as well. Has only 92 position in the portfolio Thanks much
Attachments
2019-12-30 10_38_18-Window.jpg
Calculating List data
2019-12-30 10_38_18-Window.jpg (9.41 KiB) Viewed 1700 times
divinest

Postby Mark » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:49 am

Hi divinest,

That dialog will be displayed if it is taking a long time to calculate your list data. This can happen if you have certain fields selected for display. Some fields are more calculation intensive, and can be slow to display, so you may want to consider that when adding them to the List View. Try turning off some of the fields at "View / List Columns...", and you can probably determine which fields are slowing down your display.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby divinest » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:53 am

Thanks Mark for your quick response, that was it, adding just Unrealized % or value slows down the portfolio editor display. Removing those appears to have fixed the issue. Any thoughts why having those two field would slow down noticeably.
divinest

Postby Mark » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:00 am

Hi divinest,

Both of those require calculating your tax cost basis, which can be slow. If you are using wash sale rules, you can try turning that off if you don't want to use that feature. That might speed up the calculation. You can find this option from within any Report window by selecting "Options / Report Calculations / Capital Gains / Use Wash Sale Rules". This option is only available in the Pro/Advisor versions. It also applies to all Capital Gain reports, so if you want wash sale rules, leave it on.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby divinest » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:04 am

Thanks again Mark - Yep it was the wash sales option, turning it off made is very fast, i can turn it on as needed.
divinest

Return to Prices and Transactions