Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Deleting Imported Duplication Transactions

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby ricbertsch » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:10 am

The TD Ameritrade Inst file of 12/9 transactions included double postings of Dividends, Long and Short Cap Gains for one investment that all clients have. In the file they did not include corrections. So right now each clients Cash position is over by the amount of the duplicate and each clients investment (that paid the dividends and gains) while correct in share balance hois showing Dividends and Gains Paid to Cash 2x. So other than manually correcting each account by deleting the Dividend and Cap Gains in the Investment is there a way to do this with one quick process?
Richard G. Bertsch CFP(tm)
ricbertsch

Postby aviator » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:13 am

Try this:

1) Run and Investment Transaction report for the date(s) in question. Don't sub-total (make sure that "Subtotal By" is unchecked.

2) This should give you all transactions for the period specified. Sort by Investment so all duplicates are grouped by investment.

3) From here, click on each investment which should take you to the Data Register where the deletion can be made. I know of no way to select multiple items from the report and do a mass deletion.

Hope this helps.
aviator

Postby ricbertsch » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:00 pm

Aviator, Thanks that did the trick. Lesson learned to pay more attention to the transactions prior to posting them. If I did I would have seen the double postings and questioned it with TD.
Richard G. Bertsch CFP(tm)
ricbertsch

Return to Prices and Transactions