Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Choice for cash account not on new investments

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Jarmila » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:14 am

Hi,
the new Fund2020 allows me to select the cash account in the Buy/Sell window for each transaction which eased my life a lot as I have many different currency investments and cash accounts - however this works only on existing investments. Once I create new investment the window does not include this option ??

Thanks
Jarmila Goaziou
Jarmila

Postby Mark » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:01 am

Hi Jarmila,

Yes, the "New Investment" dialog does not give the option of where to direct cash from any "Opening" transaction you record in this dialog. It will always use your default cash account.
This is something we may be able to improve in the future. However, if you create your new investment with 0 shares, and then go use the standard Buy/Sell dialog you can then direct the cash.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Jarmila » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:50 am

Dear Mark,

unfortunately this option does not work either. When I create new investment I always you it first with 0 shares and after all is set up I use the buy/sell transaction to buy first "shares" ´- and it is in this window where it still does not give me the option to choose cash account. in the same portfolio I get this choice in the buy/sell transaction window when I click on "older" investments. Now interestingly once the Investment is "one day old" (hence when I try next day) I have the option of cash account choice. Very strange. So not sure what kick-starts in the background the fact that the buy/sell transaction window includes the cash account option ? I created purposely now a "test" investment - one I am keeping with zero shares and one I bought some shares (in both there is no cash account option available) and I will see what happens tomorrow once I try to buy shares again. I did try the option of restarting FundManager - but this does not seem to do any difference.

Jarmila
Jarmila

Postby Mark » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:25 am

Hi Jarmila,

You should see this option if your investment is not in the default currency, is not an exchange rate, and you have multiple "Cash" type investments of different currencies in this same sub-portfolio. From the online help:

Use Cash Account:
When recording a buy or sell transaction the corresponding cash will be entered into your default cash account. In the case where the investment is not in the default currency and you have multiple cash type investments of differing currencies in the same sub-portfolio as the investment, you will be given the choice of which cash investment to use. Otherwise, your specified default cash account will be used.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions