Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

no commission fees

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby sspeed » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:22 am

I'm sure this is something I'm doing wrong, but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

Transactions coming from Fidelity sometimes show the commission fee, and sometimes they don't. Brand new investments always seem to default to "No Fees", but even when I change that to commission fees, it doesn't come back from Fidelity with the fees.

What am I doing wrong? How can I pull the commission fees correctly?
sspeed

Postby Mark » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:57 am

Hi sspeed,

When retrieving transactions, any reported commission fees should always be recorded as specified by the broker. Maybe you just aren't seeing them because your transaction entry preference is set to "no fees"? If you look in the Data Register under "All Transactions", any commission fees should be shown in the "Fees" column. If the fee is 0, then take a look at the log file (Help / Logs / Transaction Retrieve (Parsed)...) after retrieving that account covering the date range of that transaction. Do you see a sign of the fee in the log?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby sspeed » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:15 am

Thanks Mark,

Looking in Logs / Transaction Retrieve (Parsed) it doesn't show a fee there either, just 0.

Oh... I didn't even notice this, Fidelity no longer charges a commission. I guess that just happened last month, sorry for the false alarm.
sspeed

Return to Prices and Transactions