Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

concealed passwords

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Mary Kennedy » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:49 am

I have a shaky-hand problem and often make mistakes when typing. FM creates a problem for me because it will not show me what I just typed. This seems like excessive protection ( Who uses FM while at Starbucks?) Is there a way I can change this setting so that I can see what I just typed? Once I make three consecutive mistakes, my broker locks me out and I have to change it yet again.
Mary Kennedy

Postby Mark » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:42 pm

Hi Mary Kennedy,

Thanks for pointing out this problem. Unfortunately there is currently no way to display the contents typed into a password edit box. This is something we can try to offer in the future.

One work-around you might try... Try entering your password into a text document, like Notepad. You can then select it, and use copy, and paste it into Fund Manager where you're typing a password. This way you can see what you've typed before copying/pasting it, and copying/pasting should avoid any typos.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mary Kennedy » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:32 am

great idea! Thank you. Meantime, I do recommend you enable viewing. Like I said, I doubt if your users are sitting in Starbucks or using public computers at their local library, so you really don't need to be that secure!
Mary Kennedy

Return to Prices and Transactions