Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Prudential Download

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby 05Cameron » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:05 am

Hi,

My work recently switched our retirement accounts to Prudential. I have followed the advice/tip in Fund Manager to perform the data download (called prudential, found out plan#, subplan# etc... entering it in the correct format with ######X######X####), but it still seems something is not working. Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a workaround. It seems there was a problem in the Quicken community this year for Prudential where they changed their User ID to their SSN# and that worked...but this hasn't worked for Fund Manager.

Thanks,
05Cameron

Postby Mark » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:34 pm

Hi 05Cameron,

I would suggest calling up Prudential again, and asking them for help retrieving transactions using Quicken. Ask them what format you should be using for your username and what password to use. FM and Quicken both use the same OFX interface, so however you set it up for Quicken should work with FM as well.

When it doesn't work, is the error message something about the signon not being correct, or some other error?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby 05Cameron » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:16 am

Thanks,

Yeah it just says "failed to retrieve portfolio." I tried Prudential a few times but their advice is the same as the FM advice. I think its just an issue with Prudential.
05Cameron

Return to Prices and Transactions