Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Transaction Updates: Conversion from AG Edwards to Wachovi

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby mrelma » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:21 pm

On 16 Feb 09, the former AG Edwards Security client's accounts will be converting to be Wachovia Securities accounts. My question concerns the transaction retrieval function of FM and how to convert. I have 4 accounts (portfolios) running under the AG system - one of which will be changing its account number. When I checked the Transaction Retrieval settings, it lists AG Edwards in the pull-down list but does not have an entry for Wachovia Securities. Am I going to be out of luck :( with Transaction Activity retrieval until they get around to converting to Wells Fargo (which is on the list) a few years from now? Or, are there plans to get Wachovia Securities listed? I imagine other former AG clients might be in the same boat.

I'm assuming price retrieval is not an issue since these are by symbol or cusip at Yahoo, etc.

-- Reeve Dean
mrelma

Postby Mark » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:38 pm

Hi Reeve Dean,

If Wachovia Securities offers an Open Financial Exchange (OFX) server we will add support for them. I'm not aware of any such server they offer today. You might check with them for instructions on retrieving into MS Money. They may have a download you can get and then import into Fund Manager. You might also want to read our FAQ on this at:

http://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/faq_ ... upport.php

Yes, you're right the price retrieval should not be affected.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby mrelma » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:39 am

Per you suggestion, I contacted A.G Edwards Contact Center about the MS Money or direct (OFX) transaction interface. Their reply follows:

"...The Wachovia Securities Access Online does support downloads into
Microsoft Money. We will research further to see if downloads into
Fund Manager will be available. We will follow up with you soon
regarding this inquiry. . . "

I'll let you know if/when they respond about the OFX interface. Thanks for the support!

Sincerely,

Reeve Dean
mrelma

Postby mrelma » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:30 pm

Here is a reply to a followup I did on the AG Edwards to Wachovia Conversion support of Transaction Retrieval:

"Mr. Dean,

Thank you for contacting the A.G. Edwards Contact Center! Legacy AGE
did not officially support Fund Manager. It just so happened that
Fund Manager could leverage the same OFX technology as we use for
Quicken and Money. We are still researching this matter to find out
if this will be possible with the Wachovia web site. If you have any
questions, please contact us. Thank you and have a nice day!"

If this true does that mean it will be possible to leverage the OFX technology that Wachovia has to support Money/Quicken?

-- Reeve Dean
mrelma

Postby Mark » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:08 pm

Hi Reeve Dean,

Thanks for the follow-up. It appears Wachovia does now offer an OFX server, which is good news. We've just added support for them. Download transaction module 131 by choosing "Help / Fund Manager on the Web / Check for Updates...". After that, you will see a new choice for "Wachovia Securities" when assigning the transaction retrieve properties in Fund Manager.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby mrelma » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:27 am

Thanks, Mark. After converting the account numbers, it appears everything is working . . .
mrelma

Return to Prices and Transactions