Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Change Prices/Mass edit data

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby elliots » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:56 pm

Mark,

I began using FM and set up some subportfolios/investments by retrieving from brokerage accounts and importing a file I dumped from MS Money. I then did several price retrieves with various options (not fully understood) set. Needless to say, I've got some data issues.

Two Issues:
1. Prices. When I retrieve historical price data which is already in the investment data register, the new data won't overwrite existing data for a date (Am I right?). To clean up, it looks like I need to delete all the prices I don't want and THEN retrieve the prices I do want? Is there a better way?

2. Distributions. I retrieved a bunch of distributions (along with prices -- by checking boxes I should have left unchecked) that were already in the data from the broker. I'm trying to clean out the duplicates. It appears that they all start with "Retrieved Dividend (or whatever). . ." in the memo field. I've done an Investment Transactions report and sorted on the Memo field so I've got them all together and can delete them 1 by one (but I've got a lot). Is there some way to "mass edit" the data? Is there a better way than what I've described?
elliots

Postby Mark » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:07 pm

Hi elliots,

1) Imported/retrieved pricing overwrites existing pricing data. No need to delete current prices first.

2) Do this from within the "Data Register" with the "Distributions (all)" data type selected. You can sort by memo here too. Select all the duplicates by holding down the Ctrl or Shift keys to select multiple transactions. Ctrl selects one more, and Shift selects the whole range from the last selected item. Once you have them selected, just press "Delete" to delete these.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions