Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

fidelity: "failed to receive portfolio"

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby tslee0000 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:11 am

I bet fidelity is doing some weekend system upgrade that caused the error again. The problem likely will be gone by Monday.
tslee0000

Postby sspeed » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:54 pm

What is everyone's take on Fidelity today? I had the same issues and then it resolved. All of my accounts now complete their retrieves, but I bought a mutual fund back on June 14th that I've yet to see populate in Fund Manager. Is anyone seeing missing transactions? I can do a dated retrieve and get other transactions, just that one is missing.
sspeed

Postby drwehby » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:35 pm

sspeed wrote:What is everyone's take on Fidelity today? I had the same issues and then it resolved. All of my accounts now complete their retrieves, but I bought a mutual fund back on June 14th that I've yet to see populate in Fund Manager. Is anyone seeing missing transactions? I can do a dated retrieve and get other transactions, just that one is missing.

Retrieve from Fidelity working fine for me today, and has been since Monday June 17. Had failed for me when I tried retrieving over this past weekend, as others also have noted.
drwehby

Postby sspeed » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:39 pm

Thanks, are you seeing all the transactions you should be seeing? I have one transaction that occurred while Fidelity was down that is not pulling through to FundManager. I could add it manually I guess, but if I'm having the issue then I'm sure others may be as well, on the phone with Fidelity now.
sspeed

Postby drwehby » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:42 pm

sspeed wrote:Thanks, are you seeing all the transactions you should be seeing? I have one transaction that occurred while Fidelity was down that is not pulling through to FundManager. I could add it manually I guess, but if I'm having the issue then I'm sure others may be as well, on the phone with Fidelity now.

Yes, I'm seeing all my transactions, but I did not transact on June 14, which I believe you said was the date of the transaction you weren't seeing. I've retrieved successfully and correctly since June 17.
drwehby

Postby MartyP » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:15 am

I have not able to retrieve transactions from Fidelity for several days now. I did not try to retrieve during the time others were having trouble. I have tried multiple Fidelity accounts and logins. Same result on all permutations. I do not receive any kind of message from Fidelity like some of the others have. I feel the problem may be a setting in FM that I have scrozzled. Can someone point me to a list of basic settings to check in FM. I am somewhat familiar with FM but not proficient in my opinion. Would reloading the FM app be of any use? Thanks in advance!
MartyP

Postby Mark » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:29 am

Hi MartyP,

The only relevant settings here are in the properties of the sub-portfolio you're trying to retrieve. See the "Transaction Retrieve Settings..." button. Just make sure the account is enabled to retrieve, and you've entered your login details and account number.

When you retrieve you will either get an error message, or the retrieved accounts succeeded. If you don't see any transactions in the "Preview Importing Transactions" dialog, then there were no transactions for the requested date range.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby MartyP » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:27 pm

There were transactions in the date range that were not retrieved for some reason. I entered them manually. I tried erasing one of those manual entries and tried to retrieve it, I got nothing. If I uncheck the "Skip transaction..." Import Option and try to retrieve again, the transaction is retrieved. I have to conclude that the transaction was flagged as retrieved even though it was not. Weird but will try to remember this technique. Thank you for your support!
MartyP

Postby Mark » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:05 am

Hi MartyP,

This "Skip Transactions Already in Fund Manager" works by looking at any retrieved transactions, and comparing them against transactions already in Fund Manager. If it finds an exact match, it will not show it for importing again. If this option is preventing it from showing up, then you already have that exact transaction in the same investment (based on CUSIP) in that account. Maybe you have a hidden investment with this transaction, so you're not seeing it? You might want to run an "Investment Transaction" report on the whole account, for the date of a particular transaction that was showing this issue. You may have it in there twice now.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby MartyP » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:09 am

Yes I see some double entries. I understand the process better now. Follow-on question:

As a test, if I delete a buy entry from the sub account and the related entry in the associated cash account, I don't see it in the Investment Transaction report any longer, as expected. If I subsequently try to retrieve that transaction from Fidelity, nothing gets retrieved. Is this normal? Is there some unseen artifact of the original retrieve that is preventing a second retrieve? Thanks!
MartyP

Postby Mark » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:31 am

Hi MartyP,

No, that is not the expected behavior for what you've described. If you delete the transaction, and retrieve again, it should show up again. FM doesn't have any separate record of what has already been retrieved. It is only comparing what you're retrieving currently against what is recorded in your FM investments.

It sounds like you may have it entered in some other investment also, if the "Skip Importing Transactions Already In Fund Manager" is making it not show up on subsequent retrieves. To help see if this transaction is already recorded, run an "Investment Transactions" report at your top level sub-portfolio for the specific date of a transaction in question. See if this transaction is somehow still recorded in one of your investments.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Prices and Transactions