Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Reconciling CASH funds from Schwab error

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby El Gordo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:19 pm

I do not understand this new error I detected. I had reconciled all my accounts just recently and corrected all transaction and balance errors, everything was in balance. Today I performed an internet retrieve of my transactions and prices and decided to reconcile all accounts again, just to make sure that I was keeping up with any retrieval errors. What I found confuses me and I cannot seem to be able to correct it.

1] The log in Fund Manager reveals that I received a bank interest deposit in both my PCRA and my Brokerage accounts on the CASH accounts value within those two accounts on January 15th.

2] My accounting records from Schwab also reveal that I received the same bank interest deposits in both accounts. The dollar values all match.

3] The total value of these accounts and the total value of the CASH accounts in both are a match down to the cent between Fund Manager and Schwab.

4] When I execute RECONCILE > from source: Brokerage/Fund Company, I am presented with the error that these deposits are not recorded (do not exist) at Schwab.

I have verified that Schwab's accounting of the data is correct and FM's transaction retrieval obtained the correct data and FM displays it correctly in my REPORTS. Both Schwab and FM agree. However, this agreement is not acknowledged when the accounts are reconciled in FM.

I have witnessed transactions being duplicated or missing, but not a red flag for an error which doesn't exist.

I do believe that I have the most up to date FM revisions installed. Any theories or suggestions of how to remedy this?

Thank you
El Gordo

Postby El Gordo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:50 pm

Here is the revision data for my FM installation:

Main Program: Installed 2018.15.4 Available 2018.15.4
Quote Module: Installed 535 Available 535
Transaction Module: Installed 235 Available 235
El Gordo

Postby El Gordo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:43 am

This issue has been resolved.

I do not know why it occurred initially and I do not know why it finally reconciled with agreement as it was nothing that I had previously attempted to do or did now. Other than WAIT. There seems to be some time lag involved here regarding how the reconciliation feature registers or retrieves the data.

Seems very odd that FM would be able to retrieve the correct data from the brokerage and then state that the brokerage was incorrect and had no such data on record.

It seems to indicate that the data retrieval process for obtaining prices and transactions to update the accounts is working fine, but when you execute the reconciliation process, it isn't. This doesn't add up very well. I will just have to monitor it more closely and if it occurs again, I will report back with more information.

Thanks,

El Gordo
El Gordo

Return to Prices and Transactions