Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

History Price Retrieval

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby aviator » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:08 am

I humbly suggest that whatever logic and method is used for pricing, the same be incorporated into the transaction retrieve module.
aviator

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:23 am

Okay, thanks for the feedback. The transaction retrieve is currently remembering the last retrieve date for each sub-portfolio. It defaults to start on this date.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby aviator » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:46 pm

Not to beat this subject to death, but I just came across a potential bug you might wish to investigate: I began my downloads by inadvertently selecting Price Retrieve instead of Price History. The Price Retrieve began, but before it finished I realized my mistake and canceled out of it. I then selected Price History and was surprised to see my default "from" date was updated as if the Price Retrieve completed.

IMHO, the default dates should only be updated upon successful completion of the retrieval. If a user cancels the retrieval, the from date should revert as if the retrieval never ran. Just my $.02, thanks for listening.
aviator

Postby Mark » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:03 am

Hi aviator,

Okay, thanks. It is supposed to work this way, only updating the last retrieved date when completing any retrieve, without cancelling.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Prices and Transactions