Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Stocks not appearing on reports?

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby heidiasst » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:33 pm

Hey Mark,

So, I booked the put according to the instructions.

New problem now, the stock that was booked is not appearing on ANY of my reports.

I tried to enter numerous stocks in various sub portfolios and NOTHING is being added to my reports. I have double checked the report dates and deleted and re-entered these transactions and they still are not being updated to my reports.

Any ideas what might be happening?

Heidi
heidiasst

Postby Mark » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:51 am

Hi Heidi,

How did you create the new investments? Do you see them listed in the Portfolio Editor, in the desired sub-portfolio? Also, try turning on "View / Hidden Investments/Portfolios" just to make sure that isn't part of the problem.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby heidiasst » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:55 am

I created them by entering a "buy" of the stock. And yes, I do see them in the Portfolio and in the desired Sub Portfolio.

I just tried to see if I could see the position by viewing Hidden Investments/Portfolios and the stock is still not showing up.
heidiasst

Postby Mark » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:12 am

Hi Heidi,

If you see the investment listed in a sub-portfolio in the Portfolio Editor, try creating a new "Portfolio Value" report. Set the "List by" to "Investment", and choose the same sub-portfolio where you see the investment listed in the Portfolio Editor. Do not turn on any filter. Leave on the "View / Hidden Investments/Portfolios" option. You should see all the investment in this sub-portfolio in your report.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby heidiasst » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:30 am

This report now shows the correct cash balance but, the stock itself is still not showing up
heidiasst

Postby heidiasst » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:34 am

Hey Mark,

So, I closed out the transaction multiple times and re-entered multiple times and NOW it's showing up in the reports.

Have no idea what happened but will be double checking each trade going forward.

That was no fun to figure out!
heidiasst

Postby Mark » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:05 pm

Hi Heidi,

There is a difference between transactions and investments. Transactions are recorded in investments. Before you can record a transaction, you must create the investment. If you're using the "New Investment..." dialog that can create the investment, and record a single opening transaction. Maybe that will help, hopefully...
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions