Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

BGCP spin-off of Newmark (NMRK)

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby flight » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:03 pm

Mark -

I'm trying to record the spin-off of NMRK shares out of BGCP. I've used the spin-off function.

But how do I get the unaffected prices prior to the spin-off date? Meaning it seems like yahoo finance (and others perhaps) have adjusted the historical closing prices.

However, I think I need to unaffected prices to accurate track my investments prior to the spin.

Any ideas?

thanks
flight

Postby Mark » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:08 pm

Hi flight,

Can't you just retrieve historical prices for BGCP using "Yahoo (Historical)"? If you look at the prices Yahoo is showing, are they incorrect?

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/BGCP/history?p=BGCP
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby flight » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:16 pm

Yes, yahoo seems to be using a spin-off adjusted price, as these are not the observed prices in the market prior to spin-off (November 30th).

BGCP was trading around $10 prior to the spin, I believe. According to my last FM price download, BGCP was $11.82 on September 28th. These prices are unaffected for the spin, but it seems yahoo has adjusted.

Since I need to value the stock/portfolio prior to the spin-off date, I'm looking for the unaffected prices, if they exist.

Thanks!
flight

Postby Mark » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:12 am

Hi flight,

I'm not sure. I checked both Yahoo and WSJ, and they are both showing a price of $7.6 for Sept 28, 2018. I didn't check any of the other historical servers.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions