Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Quicken transactions going to a holding in the wrong sub-por

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Econdoc » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:16 am

I have the same Vanguard fund in two sub-portfolios. When I attempt to import transactions using QFX, the transactions go to the correct holding but in the wrong sub-portfolio.
I have different account numbers on the two holdings. The CUSIP is, of course, the same.
Is there any way that I can set up my portfolios so that the import will go to the correct place?
Econdoc

Postby Mark » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:50 am

Hi Econdoc,

Yes. When importing, the account number on the sub-portfolio (not on the investment) is what is used to determine where the transactions will be imported. Make sure your sub-portfolios have the correct account number, and match what is in the QFX file. Also, in the import settings, make sure you are choosing the option under "Import Into Fund Manager Portfolio: With Matching Account Number as OFX Account", and not directing it into a specific sub-portfolio.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Econdoc » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:11 pm

Thanks for the reply. The option that you cite does not exist.
Please see screenshot of what my choices are.
Attachments
Doc2.docx
(62.92 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
Econdoc

Postby Mark » Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:21 pm

Hi Econdoc,

The option I was talking about is in Fund Manager. I believe you're sending a screen shot of options available from your mutual fund company or broker's website.

If you have the same fund in multiple sub-portfolios, to direct the import of transactions they would need to have separate account numbers on the sub-portfolios. Your OFX file should have a matching account number. Maybe you can elaborate a bit more on what you've got setup, and what you're trying to do?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Econdoc » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:39 am

Thanks for your patient direction. I think that I have solved most of the issue. One remaining small problem...
If there are capital gains among the imported transactions, they appear in FM as dividends, not capital gains. Is there any way to fix this short of manually changing the transaction?

Thank.
Econdoc

Postby Mark » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:28 am

Hi Econdoc,

If a transaction imported as a "dividend" type distribution, and it should be a "capital gain" type of distribution, you would need to manually change that. There is a "capital gain" type of transaction, so it is likely being reported incorrectly in the file you're importing. You could either see about getting the file corrected, or possibly manually fixing the file before importing.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions