Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

OAYIX

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby LungDoc » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:59 am

I noticed that transactions for OAYIX are not being retieved--including those from 2017. Was not a problem before Oakmark International change fund from OAKIX to OAYIX. I've change the symbol, etc. Is this because of Oakmark's 2 factor authentication system, or have I missed something in setting up the retrieve function with this fund?
LungDoc

Postby Mark » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:53 am

Hi LungDoc,

It is not because of 2 factor authentication, that is a website feature, not OFX. Do you get an error message if you retrieve just this one account? Do you have on the option to create new investments as needed? It may be that your investment had a change of CUSIP. OFX uses CUSIP primarily, before symbol, so if the CUSIP changed, you would need to change that investment property for new transactions to go into that existing investment.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby LungDoc » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:48 am

No error message. There was no CUSIP so I input the correct one from Oakmark's website. All other site retrievals work fine.
LungDoc

Postby Mark » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:39 am

Hi LungDoc,

How are you determining transactions are not being retrieved? If a transaction is already recorded, it won't be imported again, or shown in the Preview Importing Transaction window. If this isn't the problem, try retrieving just this one account for a date range where you are expecting to get a transaction, and then look at the log file afterwards, and see if the transaction was sent down or not. See "Help / Logs / Transaction Retrieve (Parsed)...".
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby LungDoc » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:21 pm

The only thing I see on the log is that the ticker at the bottome of the log is OAKIX (which I no longer own & was switched to OAYIX. In the Investment Properties section, the symbol is correct as OAYIX, and the CUSIP is413838731 which is what is listed as correct for that MF on the Oakmark website. It also appears that there are no shares in the account. The imported price seems to be that of OAKIX. There are only ~2 transactions/yr so entering them manually isn't a big deal but...Thanks for you help.
Attachments
OAYIX xml dump 2018_1224.txt
(1.28 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
LungDoc

Postby Mark » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:02 pm

Hi LungDoc,

There were no transactions in the log file:

Code: Select all
- INVTRANLIST
   - DTSTART (20181208)
   - DTEND (20181224)

It looks like you requested transactions from 12/08 to 12/24, and there were no transactions within this date range.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby LungDoc » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:31 am

But there were and are transactions in this fund on 12/13/18 in my account. There were just not retrieved. It appears that even though I have entered the correct symbol and CUSIP that the transactions for this fund are not being retrieved. I'm thinking that it's a problem with Oakmark. Note that the log has the symbol OAKIX, not OAYIX.
LungDoc

Postby Mark » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:22 am

Hi LungDoc,

Maybe they changed the account number, and you haven't updated that, so are retrieving the old account. Try retrieving with no account number (Portfolio Properties...), and see if they give you a choice of available account numbers for your username.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby LungDoc » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:18 am

Problem solved. Correct account number, but incorrect fund #. Thanks.
LungDoc

Return to Prices and Transactions