Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Fidelity has the ACCTINFORS disease tonight

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Homer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:46 pm

Hi Mark,

Seems Fidelity has changed something on their site recently that I now get the ACCTINFORS error when trying to retrieve transactions. Should I just call and ask them what is up?

Thanks,

Homer
Homer

Postby Mark » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:38 am

Hi Homer,

You might try it again a bit later, and also try retrieving with an empty account number, and see if you get a list of available account numbers for your login. It is possible the account number is formatted/entered wrong, causing the problem. If you retrieve with a blank account number, Fidelity should offer a list of available account numbers to choose from.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Homer » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:41 pm

Mark,

Excellent advice. I tried today and it went through just fine and retrieved my updates. Thank you!

Best regards,

Homer
Homer

Postby El Gordo » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:31 am

The advice to leave the account number blank and just enter the user log in data is an excellent tip! I have had problems setting up some of my accounts in Fund Manager and the retrieval source didn't appreciate the dashes I inserted in the account number even though that is how they were listed on my account. But Fund Manager tossed up a list of the account numbers that were suggested (revealing to me that I should select the account number scheme without the dash).

I didn't realize that just entering your user log in information would actually search for valid account numbers. That is very handy, indeed!

El Gordo
El Gordo

Return to Prices and Transactions