Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Symbol/Server update failed for FKDCZ

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby El Gordo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:36 pm

I am unable to retrieve the current price quote for FKDCZ from the Yahoo server. I tried selecting several other quote services and the result was that this fund and others failed to be retrieved. The Yahoo server retrieves all other funds in my portfolio, it is only FKDCZ which fails. I do have the most recent quote update of Fund Manager. It retrieved my initial transaction to purchase FKDCZ and the first day of trading results for this fund, but failed on the second day.

Any advice on this?

Thank you,

Gordon
El Gordo

Postby Mark » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:31 am

Hi Gordon,

Are you sure you have the correct symbol? Yahoo doesn't have a quote for FKDCZ. You can visit Yahoo's website with your browser, and look up your quotes. If you can't find it with your browser, you won't be able to retrieve it with Fund Manager. If that is the correct symbol, and Yahoo doesn't offer this quote, you can try and find it on another quote server.

The key is to just make sure (by using your browser) that you verify whatever quote server you're using has the symbol you're recording in Fund Manager. You don't have to switch all investments to a new server, you can just switch the one if necessary. Use "Investment Properties... / Internet Retrieve" to set a different quote server for select investments, and keep your global default the same.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby El Gordo » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:05 am

Mark,

The symbol FKDCZ is correct, but it is unusual. The fund Franklin DynaTech Growth Fund Class A is offered through Schwab's One Source fund list as FKDCZ without a load or a transaction fee and is OPEN to new investors. It is identical to Franklin DynaTech Growth Fund Class A (FKDNX), which is only available through redemptions and carries a transaction fee.

Everything about these two funds is otherwise identical. Is there a way to rename fund FKDCZ as FKDNX in Fund Manager?

Gordo

PS where can I change my password for the message board? I am not seeing an option.
El Gordo

Postby El Gordo » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:15 am

Mark,

I discovered how to edit this fund to relist it as FKDNX and now the price retrieve works via yahoo.

The only Q I have left is how to alter my password for the message board.

Thanks!

Gordo
El Gordo

Postby Mark » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:35 pm

Hi Gordo,

Glad you solved the price retrieve problem.

To change your forum password, click on "User Control Panel" in the upper/left part of the page. Then choose the "Profile" tab, and click the "Edit Account Settings" menu.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions