Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Schwab retrieval

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby homebrook » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:32 pm

I just started new and tried to download my portfolio info from Schwab to no avail. The only two Schwab otions available are one for 401-K's and for pensions plans. I'm retired and don't have these particular accounts anymore. the error message says the file can't be found for the account name and number I enter. Surely Fund Manager has access to Schwab, right?
homebrook

Postby Mark » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:24 pm

Hi homebrook,

I think you're looking in the "S" section of the list. Instead, you want to use "Charles Schwab", down in the "C" section of the list.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby homebrook » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:13 pm

Mark; I just had an on-line chat with Charles Schwab tech service. After using their server for retrieval, as you recommended, the reply was "missing ACCTINFORS in reply". Schwab has just admitted in writing this means they do not support Fund Manager! You do realize Fund Manager is using fraudulent sales practices informing potential customers they can easily retrieve info from their Schwab accounts! I just purchased Fund Manager with this expectation!! Please figure this out!
homebrook

Postby Mark » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:20 pm

Hi homebrook,

We support retrieving from Schwab's OFX server. We have many customers successfully using it.
Schwab doesn't directly support Fund Manager, but they support their OFX interface, which is the same interface used by programs like Quicken to retrieve transactions. Please try this: Retrieve from "Charles Schwab", and leave your account number empty. When you retrieve you should get prompted with a list of available account numbers for your username. Select the desired one, and then continue to see if this doesn't correct the problem.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby homebrook » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:51 pm

Sorry. I tried this several times to no avail, then went to Schwab and verified I'm using the correct User ID and password. Not entering the acc't number doesn't help; I still get the response "missing ACCTINFORS in reply".
homebrook

Postby Mark » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:58 pm

When you don't enter an account number, do you get prompted with a list of available account numbers before that error message? I will send you an email. Can you reply to that with the log file from "Help / Logs / Transaction Retrieve" attached?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby homebrook » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:35 pm

Mark; I got an email from schwab.com telling me to change my security settings if I wanted to allow third party access. I was to enter the Security Center (under services) on the Schwab.com website and enable Third Party Access from there. It worked, and now we seem to be up and running.
homebrook

Postby Mark » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:15 pm

Hi homebrook,

Excellent, thanks for sharing your solution.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions