Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Fidelity Investments transactions not reported

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby El Gordo » Sat May 19, 2018 10:42 am

I reviewed a post regarding trouble with Fidelity NetBenefits. My issue may be related and the problem may actually be with Fidelity so I am just inquiring here to try to confirm this.

I am accessing Fidelity Investments to import my 3M stock (MMM) purchases through my employer's GESPP program. Fund manager is not generating any errors, but the transactions and total value are incorrect. Total account value is close, within ten USD. The purchase transactions are off by roughly $1500 so far and it appears that the transfer of purchase data ceased sometime after March 2nd, 2018.

I have uninstalled the Fund Manager program and deleted all of the stored fund report documents (portfolio and account ledgers) and reinstalled the program to start over from scratch several times. Each time I obtain identical results.

I use Fund Manager for several other accounts and the data is correct. It is only the data coming from Fidelity that is erroneous. Any suggestions on this issue? Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks

El Gordo
El Gordo

Postby Mark » Sun May 20, 2018 8:02 pm

Hi El Gordo,

It sounds like you are trying to get historical data. Have you tried taking multiple passes at retreiving, with only requesting 90 days at a time? You may be able to get further back in time by doing this, as opposed to requesting "All Dates" or a longer date range.

Fund Manager is retrieving transactions and closing prices from Fidelity here, not directly ending market values. You have to have all your historical transactions retrieved correctly, so that you own the correct number of shares as of now, and then your market value will be correct, if your closing price is also correct.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby El Gordo » Mon May 21, 2018 10:03 am

I tried many times over this past weekend to retrieve this data with different date criteria and the results were always lacking specific transactions. This morning, I executed the data retrieval once more and everything showed up accurately with no missing transactions. I did not change anything in the method that I was using today. I was going to write back to inform the board that it had "self-corrected" when I observed your reply. I cannot explain this, but all appears to be correct now. I suspect that the issue was on Fidelity's end or possibly because of the manner in which the fund purchases are processed. Monies are withheld from my pay each period and on a certain date, the actual "BUY" occurs. These purchases were displayed in my Fidelity account, but were not detected by Fund Manager. Maybe Fidelity considers these transactions "tentative" and therefore are not available until a certain time period has elapsed for them to be settled funds. Kind of a reach here, but it is the best explanation I can muster.

El Gordo
El Gordo

Return to Prices and Transactions