Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Failed to retrieve transactions from Fidelity NetBenefits

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Tamril » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:02 pm

Hello,
Since the upgrade, I can't retrieve transactions from Fidelity NetBenefits. I get the error pop-up:

Missing ACCTINFORS in response

In the raw log I see the following snip: <STATUS><CODE>2000<SEVERITY>ERROR<MESSAGE>Error while getting ofx brokerage link accounts in dao</STATUS>

I have tried restarting, re-entering username and password, and so far, no luck. Any suggestions?
Tamril

Postby Mark » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:04 pm

Hi Tamril,

I believe this is an intermittent error with Fidelity. It has been cropping up for quite a few people, but is usually resolved if you try again later. If not, you might need to call Fidelity, and ask them for instructions on retrieving with Quicken, but if you've been successfully retrieving with the same settings before, it is probably just a problem on Fidelity's end that will need to be resolved by Fidelity.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby FundManxy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:55 pm

Mark,

I have exactly the same problem with Fidelity NetBenefits as described. However, I also use Quicken and it has no problem downloading the same accounts - whereas FundMan creates the same error signal. I'm not sure the problem is on the Fidelity side if Quicken retrieves successfully. Fidelity confirms the correct account numbers etc. which are identical in FundMan as in Quicken.

Can you assist as the problem seems to be in the FundMan program?
FundManxy

Postby Mark » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:58 pm

Hi FundManxy,

Is this consistent for you? I've had some feedback that it is an intermittent problem between Fund Manager and Fidelity. Have you ever had it working in Fund Manager?

Could you email me a log file from your Quicken retrieve, and then email me the log file from Fund Manager (Help / Logs / Transaction Retrieve...)?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby FundManxy » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:26 am

Mark,
Thanks for the fast response. In keeping with the other comment posted today, as of this AM I'm able to successfully retrieve from NetBenefits, whereas yesterday - no way, even though Quicken consistently could at the same time FundMan could not.

And it is correct that Fido isn't fessing up as to why - or at least has no idea.

What can be said is that the intermittency is consistent -- and has been going on for awhile.
FundManxy

Postby data8504 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:27 pm

Hi folks, just FYI there is a separate thread on this topic here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4701

Thanks, -Matt
data8504

Postby sgurd4oilop » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:50 am

Something definitely changed overnight 4/12/18 to 4/13/18. For the past several weeks I have been getting the No ACCTINFO error message. On occassion (every 3-4 days) I was able to download successfully. Today, doing my normal check, I get this error message: "Signon invalid. Error occurred logging in." I am indeed able to login successfully by going to the webpage and signing in with my normal credentials. Just not with the OFX downloading capability in FM. I only have Fidelity NetBenefits accounts, so I cannot attest to other accounts at Fidelity. Multiple sequential download requests in FM have resulted in success in the past.

I talked to Fidelity NetBenefits side and they gave me the canned answer - "if it ain't Quicken, we cannot help you. Call your software's support." I am tempted to download a trial version of Quicken to see if OFX downloading is successful and if not, then open a support ticket with Fidelity.

Of bigger concern is, if the download capability is indeed successful with Quicken, then it will be next to impossible to get Fidelity to offer any help. Through this thread, I see at least one user has had success with Quicken, but not with FM. Can others confirm that Quicken is currently successful with their download capability?

Hopefully this can get resolved soon, but Fidelity has never been the most responsive on this type of issue on the NetBenefits side in the past from my experience.
sgurd4oilop

Postby Mark » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:23 pm

It isn't working in Quicken either, see my reply in the other thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4701
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby sgurd4oilop » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:54 am

I am using a Quicken like banking program and this problem is also affecting the NetBenefits OFX downloads in it. Here is what the devs for that program have reported back:

--------------------
Hi All,

We have had a number of customers report this issue with the Fidelity Netbenefits connection. I've checked our connection information in Moneydance and it does appear up to date.

As Robert has highlighted, from looking online it would seem Moneydance is not the only personal finance software encountering this issue with Fidelity Netbenefits. Customers have reported this to Fidelity and have been informed that they are aware of this situation and currently working on a fix.
sgurd4oilop

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:04 pm

Fidelity NetBenefits appears to be working again.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions