Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Gov't. Employees TSP

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby HighTwelve » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:21 am

I have created a new portfolio for the Roth Gov't Thrift Savings Plan (in my case US Army - not sure if it is the same plan for all gov't. entities). I am using three investment vehicles - the US Common Stock Index priced at 37.6103/Sh. and the US Small Cap Index at 48.4661 and the Int'l. Index at 30.8556.
This is the first time that I have attempted to track my investments here. For each investment vehicle I entered the 12/31/17 shares held for each vehicle and the closing price for 2017 as a new purchase. So far so good.
My problem is that Fund Manager insists that the current price is $1.00/share and shows a meaningless huge loss which certainly creates confusion when I look at all of my investments.
What am I doing wrong here? I plan to update the new portfolio as the quarterly updates become available from TSP. Will this correct when I enter 3/31/18 data?
HighTwelve

Postby Mark » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:27 am

Hi HighTwelve,

You likely somehow got a bogus $1 price recorded for a later date. Open up each of these investments in the Data Register (Edit / All Data...), and set the "Data Type" to "Prices". If you see a closing price of $1 recorded, just delete or edit it.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions