Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

I own shares in the same security in different accounts.

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby cricketbunty » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:31 am

Hello
I own shares in the same security in different accounts. I have to update price of this security manually since this is a fund which is not publicly listed. Is there a way to link these securities so I don't have to update prices manually for each of these securities?

Also, is there a way to create a custom report where I can pull select Investments from multiple accounts and see performance of this select group?

Thanks
cricketbunty

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:13 am

Hi cricketbunty,

You can't "link" the prices of multiple investments together, but there are other solutions. If you're using the Advisor version, you can update price by symbol using "Edit / Symbol List... / Update Price...". That will update all investments with the same symbol. You can also "import" your prices instead of manually entering. This will also update all investments with the specified symbol. You can set up a simple CSV file and use "File / Import / Prices / Generic...".

You can create a report, and select a single symbol by using the filter button. You cannot select a group of random investments though. If you wanted to do this, set up another temporary sub-portfolio and drag/drop these investments into there. If you hold down Ctrl while dragging, or use copy/paste, you can create a 2nd copy of these investments in this temporary sub-portfolio. That way, when you're done, you can just close it.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions