Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Issue downloading Vanguard transactions

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby SAK » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:24 pm

I am experiencing a problem with downloading transactions from Vanguard. I believe the last time I successfully downloaded was at the end of last year and I have not changed any settings since the last successful update. I get the problem doing the following:

1) Right click on one of my Vanguard accounts in the Portfolio Editor and then click on Retrieve Transactions...

2) Use the default date range presented (12/17/2017 - 2/7/2018), leave the Skip Transactions Already in Fund Manager Investment and Create New Investment(s) as Needed options checked and click Next>

3) The Internet Retrieve - Transactions window opens and after a few seconds the Current Status: changes to "Transactions (Vanguard Group - xxxxx) [Analyzing Response] and a Fund Manager - Transaction Retrieve error window pops up with an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle and the error message "Vanguard server encountered an error". I click OK...

4) Another Fund Manager - Transaction Retrieve window opens with an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle and the error message "Failed to retrieve portfolio. Broker: Vanguard Group Account Number: xxxxx User ID: yyyyy" where xxxxx is the actual account number and yyyyy is the actual User ID. I click OK...

5) The Preview Importing Transactions window opens with no transactions listed. I click Cancel.

The same error happens for all eight of our Vanguard accounts. The only thing I can think of that might have changed is I believe I updated the version a week or so ago to version 2018.15.2.100 and I don't believe I have retrieved any transactions since I the last time in December, certainly not since I updated the software to the current version.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Steve
SAK

Postby Mark » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:54 pm

Hi Steve,

I checked Vanguard from here just now, and it is working okay here. Here are some things to look at:

1) Do a "Help / FM on the Web / Check for Updates..." and download any available updates. The latest transaction module is 233.

2) Are you able to retrieve from any other brokers or fund companies okay?

3) After a failed retrieve, go look in "Help / Logs / Transaction Retrieve (Raw)..." and see if that provides any hints.

4) Try erasing the account number property from an account, and do another retrieve. If you get logged in okay, it should give you a list of account numbers to select from. If you don't get logged in okay, the problem may be with your username or password.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions