Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Problems downloading prices from Morningstar.co.uk

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Exspextations » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:39 am

FM 2018 worked fine after I upgraded, but in the past couple of weeks downloading prices from the morningstar.co.uk server has become very slow and repeated gives an error message (see attached file) - other servers appear to update normally. I a currently running FM 2018.15.2.100, with Quotation module 527 and Transaction Module 233 under Windows 10.

Is there an issue with the morningstar.co.uk server and, if so is there a solution as I have only been able to download price data for a number of my investments from this server as they are no longer available from yahoo.co.uk.

Thanks
Attachments
FM error.JPG
Error message will downloading prices from www.morningstar.co.uk
FM error.JPG (16.54 KiB) Viewed 1441 times
Exspextations

Postby Mark » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:31 pm

Hi Exspextations,

I'm not aware of any issues with this server. I just tested it from here, and retrieved 6 quotes in about 15 seconds with no errors. Maybe it is specific to a particular quote you are retrieving. If you right mouse click on a single investment set to retrieve from this server, and use "Retrieve Selected Price", can you narrow down the problem to a particular investment?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Exspextations » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:17 am

HI Mark,

Problems appears to have resolved itself - perhaps is was just a question of post-Christmas blues :lol:
Exspextations

Return to Prices and Transactions