Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Vanguard and 403b accounts

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby Cole » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:16 pm

Hi Mark,

I have many clients that have 403b accounts through Vanguard. Vanguard has recently changed where another group (Newport Group) is the custodian of 403b accounts. I still access all accounts through Vanguard's website, but Fundmanager is unable to retrieve transactions, reconcile any of my clients 403b accounts from Vanguards site.

So I have several questions. Has anyone else run across this problem? If so, were you able to remedy this situation?

Also, I'm able to download all transactions to a CSV file. Can I use this upload transactions into Fundmanager fairly easily and efficiently? I want to avoid having to manually enter in all transactions (purchases, sales, distributions etc.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Cole
Cole

Postby Mark » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:02 pm

Hi Cole,

I don't recall anyone else running into this yet. Yes, you can import from a CSV file, but other formats would be easier, like OFX, QFX, or QIF. With CSV you may have to massage the data, or create a helper spreadsheet, and then use the "Generic" import where you have to specify the format of your CSV file. It can be done, but is a bit more tricky than the other more specifically defined file formats. See the instructions for the generic transaction import.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions