Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

TIAA-CREF wrong symbol or what?

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby ebarbero » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:22 pm

First bear in mind I am a newbie. I need Asset Types for the investments in my portfolio. For Vanguard funds, no problem, the Wizard gets me everything! but for TIAA it is a different story.
I managed to download symbol, current price, and current shares for holdings from the TIAA-CREF server. It seems that is all their server would provide. The Symbols I get are QCBMIX, QCEQIX, and QCSTIX. The Financial Times https://markets.ft.com/data/funds/tears ... y?s=qcstix ... recognizes them, but Morningstar and Yahoo do not.
In Fund Manager, when I do Edit/Internet retrieve/Asset types (using Morningstar or Yahoo) I don't get anything. So I checked the symbols for all TIAA funds in Morningstar
http://quote.morningstar.com/TickerLook ... C=M#Result ... and there is nothing like QCBMIX, QCEQIX, and QCSTIX. I manually changed the symbols to ticker symbols TIDRX, etc., that appear in the Morningstar list of TIAA funds. Still cannot get the Asset types. What am I doing wrong?
ebarbero

Postby Mark » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:37 am

Hi ebarbero,

I apologize for the delay in replying, we missed the notification. I just test retrieved asset types for TIDRX from Morningstar, and it retrieved properly (100% FI: Medium-Moderate). Do you have the "Investment Type" for this investment set to "No Load Mutual Fund"? The investment type setting matters when retrieving asset types.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions