Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Vanguard transactions download

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby divinest » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:47 pm

Hi Mark,
Do you have thoughts on how to get FM2018 to download transactions if you sign up for the vanguard two steps verification (ie, vanguard would send a code to authenticate the session), the reason i ask is at this time appears that is optional, however in future if that becomes mandatory how do we plan on using that with FM2018? Thanks much!
divinest

Postby Mark » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:31 pm

Hi divinest,

It should not impact Fund Manager. The 2-step authentication would be for their web site, not the "OFX" server used by Fund Manager to read transaction/position/pricing data.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby RobT » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:58 pm

For what it is worth, I have been able to link FM to all of my Vanguard accounts and the passwords contain letters, numbers, and symbols. My only quarrel with Vanguard is that the initial download is messier than Fidelity and TDA. I don't know if Vanguard is non-conforming or what but I am having to do a lot of manual editing to get things in order. Cash accounts seem to be the worst.
RobT

Postby Mark » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:56 am

Hi RobT,

For Vanguard brokerage accounts it seems to often work better if you do not use a default cash account. They explicitly report all the cash transactions, so it isn't necessary to use this feature in this case.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions