Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Failure to Retreive Transactions at Vanguard

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby kjpage » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:40 am

I'm using Fund Manager 2018 Personal Version 2018.15.1.100

I have three accounts at Vanguard. One of them will no longer update transactions. I've been ignoring this since April 2017, but I'm trying to fix it now.

When I do a transaction retrieve, I get "Error in Investment Statement Transaction Response" in the first error dialog box and then <No error MESSAGE returned from server> in the second error dialog box.

The ofxretr.txt file gives a response of <STATUS><CODE>2003<SEVERITY>ERROR</STATUS> which I think means it doesn't recognize the account number. I've checked and re-entered the account number like 5 times and I know its right. The ofxpost.txt file has an <ACCTID> that matches the expected account number. The broken account is a roth if that matters.

I've talked to technical support at Vanguard and they don't have any idea why that account won't download and the other two will.

I'm out of ideas. Has anyone else seen this?
kjpage

Postby Mark » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:26 pm

Hi kjpage,

Please try erasing the account number, and retrieving again. Hopefully you will be presented with a list of account numbers associated with that username, which include the one you're trying to retrieve. You can just select it from that list to enter it the way they have in their system.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby kjpage » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:22 pm

Hi Mark,

Wow, that solved it!

It gave three options, of which two were my other account numbers. The third had a suffix that matched my Roth, but was totally different otherwise. I'd never seen that number before on any statement. I chose it and it downloaded the correct data. Thanks for that wizardly suggestion. Vanguard need to work on their account numbering.
kjpage

Return to Prices and Transactions