Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

slow price server

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby mli2001 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:24 am

Hi Mark,

I have small number of stocks held across different accounts. In FM I have to re-enter them as "new investments" in each portfolio. This was not a problem when the Yahoo server was quick. Now it is becoming unbearable.

Is there a way to improve on this? I understand that there is a limit in the number of investments, but hopefully there is a workaround in updating prices? I am using the personal 2016 version. The new CNN money does not have Canadian stocks, and every time we change server, we have to make a lot of manual changes in the ticker symbol.

Thanks
mli2001

Postby Exspextations » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:01 am

Part of the reason it is so slow is that the Yahoo server looks at all my funds not just the ones where the selected server is Yahoo - none of the other servers do this - they just look at the funds for which that particular server is selected. Is this a bug in the program?
Exspextations

Postby Mark » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:43 pm

Hi mli2001,

We are still looking into possible solutions to speed Yahoo back up...

Hi Exspextations,

You have complete control over what gets retrieved, and from where. Nothing is different about Yahoo in this regard. If you have some investments getting retrieved from Yahoo, then check their properties under "Investment Properties... / Internet Retrieve". You might watch the Retrieving Prices Tutorial for more details on how to control what is retrieved, and from where.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions