Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Yahoo

Questions about updating prices or transactions in Fund Manager

Postby moonlighter » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:31 am

Mark, thanks for the update regarding Yahoo quote server. Hope they get it working this afternoon.
:mrgreen:
moonlighter

Postby Mark » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:51 am

I hope so too...
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby rbarrett » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:43 pm

Hi Mark,

I'm using 2014.13.8 518/229, if you are looking at a new Quote Module will I even be able to get it with my current version of the software or would I need to upgrade first?

I'm trying to weigh the alternatives of figuring out and punching in all new symbols for the other quote server you recommended, or waiting for a new quote module (which assumes that the symbols don't change). Or understanding whether I'm forced to upgrade *and* punch in new symbols.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Ray.
rbarrett

Postby Mark » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:46 pm

Hi Ray,

You would need to upgrade to get any updated quote module we come out with. We maintain the last 2 major versions, which are FM 2016 and FM 2018. We aren't updating FM 2014 anymore.

I expect we will release an update to fix the Yahoo server. The updated Yahoo server will still use the same symbols. Unfortunately it looks like the updated Yahoo server is going to be significantly slower than before.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:37 pm

An update for this is available. Please read the UPDATE 3 post for details.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby rbarrett » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:48 pm

Hi Mark,

I upgraded to FM 2018 and the process and the new quote module and fixed quotes were flawless. It takes a lot longer now with this server as you mentioned.

Also, some of my delisted stocks now give hard warnings on each retrieve. I think someone else mentioned that today, too. So I'll re-read that to avoid. There also seems to be a "skip" advanced option available.

Thanks again,

Ray.
rbarrett

Postby Mark » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:09 am

Hi Ray,

There was a change in the new version regarding when you get notified of prices that can't be updated. Previously you would only get a warning if all symbols from a given server failed to update. Now, the default warning level is if any symbol that is marked for retrieve fails to update, you'll get a warning. The failures were probably happening also in the old version, you just weren't being notified. See the new option at:

Options / Internet Settings... / Advanced Options... / Warning Level on Retrieve Failure

The new default is "Symbol". On the old version, it worked as if this setting were at "Whole Server".

You can either change this option to not warn you, or better yet, fix the investments that aren't updating. Either correct the symbol/server settings for these, or just turn them off from retrieving. You can turn off "Investment Properties... / Internet Retrieve / Retrieve Price" if you don't want to retrieve an investment's price, like if it doesn't exist, or you can't find the quote on a server. So, just look through your retrieve log (Help / Logs / Price Retrieve...), and go fix the investments that failed to update.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Prices and Transactions